The international office is the central contact point for students and researchers from abroad – before, during and after their time at the University of Bonn. Likewise, it supports students and researchers from Bonn with all issues concerning international mobility and cooperation.
The international office offers doctoral students the following opportunities:
- Pre-departure Information
- Problem-Solving Strategies
- Questions concerning the stay/study
- Accompaniment to Official Administrations (see Welcome Service)
- Advice concerning support services
- Information on living and working in Germany
Welcome Service – support with administrative issues for students without proficient German language skills within the first days/weeks upon arrival
- Moving into a Dorm / Apartment
- City of Bonn – Registration Office (Einwohnermeldeamt)
- Health Insurance
- Opening a Bank Account
- Enrolling at the Registrar´s Office of the University of Bonn
- Residence Permit – Foreigners´Office (Ausländeramt)
- University Email Address
Study Buddy Program – every international student is matched with a personal “Study Buddy” whoprovides the newcomer with valuable advice on everyday life in Bonn and helps to adjust to the new environmen
Campus International – possibilities for students to gather intercultural experience and competencies and become involved in an international environmen
International Club – a place for German and international students to meet, to chat, to read newspapers, to use the three internet terminals or to simply have fun
International Choir – student who enjoy singing and common rehearsals in an international atmosphere are cordially invited to join the international choir
Family office – individual and confidential advice on questions about the compatibility of family and career
Find upcoming events and more information on the international office website.
Note: The international office is not responsible for the application/admission at the University of Bonn.
Students > Student Life: