We are happy to invite nominations for the BIGS Neuroscience Thesis Award for 2018. This annual award was created to honor the most outstanding doctoral thesis successfully defended by a BIGS Neuroscience Student in a given year. The winner will receive 1000 EUR and a certificate. (Ideally, the winner for 2018 will receive the award at this year’s BonnBrain3 meeting.)
Rules and guidelines:
- The doctoral thesis must have been successfully defended between 1 January 2018 and 31 December 2018.
- The student must have fully completed the BIGS Neuroscience curriculum.
- The candidate must be nominated by a PI of BIGS Neuroscience.
- Each PI may nominate one student per year.
The nomination by a Principal Investigator must include:
- letter of support by the thesis supervisor (2 pages max)
- short summary of thesis and CV of student (2 pages max)
- copy of the certificate of successful defense of the doctoral thesis
- copy of BIGS Neuroscience certificate
- PDF of the thesis (or download link if the file size exceeds 10 MB)
The documents should be emailed as a single PDF to BIGS Neuroscience (firstname.lastname@example.org). The deadline is 28 February 2019.
The BIGS Neuroscience Steering Committee will be the jury and select the winner. If none of the nominations are considered to be outstanding, the jury may decide to not award the prize.